On October 6, it was announced that the Edinburgh Filmhouse Cinema and Café Bar, the Edinburgh International Film Festival and the Belmont Filmhouse in Aberdeen would all cease trading with immediate effect.
The trustees of the Centre for the Moving Image (CMI), the parent charity which runs all three entities, appointed Tom MacLennan and Chad Griffin of FRP Advisory as joint administrators.
The Savills listing read: “88 Lothian Road comprises a sandstone former church building which has been converted to a cinema that was most recently trading as the Filmhouse.
“The property was originally constructed in 1830 and still retains some beautiful features including the 12 panel segmental ceiling in the principle cinema screen (Cinema 1).
“The building provides accommodation over ground, mezzanine and first floors. The two main entrances to the property are on the eastern elevation from Lothian Road.
“There are a further four entrances from the western elevation at Chuckie Pend.
“The ground floor currently comprises the box office, café / bar, kitchens, two cinema screens (Cinemas 2 and 3), toilet facilities and the Film Guild clubroom.
“The mezzanine areas contain the projector rooms for the cinema screens.
“The first floor currently contains the principle cinema screen (Cinema 1), toilet facilities and office space. The property has a lift which connects the café / bar area with Cinema 1.”